PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Royal Gramma


Gramma loreto is a stunning saltwater fish native to Caribbean reefs. This one belonged to my brother, and then to me after he left for college. I took this picture on the 26th of September, 2009 when the aquarium was still in my brother's room. Royal grammas are relatively easy to care for and have a fairly spunky attitude. This was one of my first photographs of the fish through the glass of the aquarium. Aquarium photography isn't as easy as it sounds because, in most cases, a flash cannot be used. It creates a nasty white spot in the picture from reflecting on the glass.
Aquariums are very healthy things to have in the home. They are a great place to just go and think for a while and the darting little living jewels seem to have a therapeutic affect on the mind. After I graduate, I hope to get another fish tank. We had five of them in the house at one point, but college has changed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment