PHOTO OF THE WEEK: Winter in British Columbia

Half way through another semester of college in Florida, I can't help but become a little home sick. All around me is sunshine, white sand, and humidity. However, earlier this month the temperature dropped and I was almost compelled to put on a sweater. The crisp air made me think of home. And, with that, this post will feature a picture of Cedar Lake, one of my favourite tromping places back home. I took the photo January 17 of this year (2013) over Christmas break on Vancouver Island near the city of Campbell River. It was one of those spur-of-the moment sort of things where I turn to Dad and say, "Do you want to go somewhere and do something?" We made the right choice, because snow is rare near the coast where I live and it was fascinating to find tracks of deer, elk, and cougars in the snow and look out across the frozen lake as mist rose up between the evergreens. Yes, evergreens. Oh, how I miss the Douglas-fir!

2 comments:

  1. hey Caleb, this winter break we will camp out for a night! Better bring a mouthgaurd to stop out teeth from shattering. Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I would like that a lot. Not the mouthguard, but the winter camping bit.
      Hopefully we can fit it in.
      Caleb

      Delete